December 12 - 15
Breast Imaging in the Big Apple
This course provides a balanced overview of more traditional breast imaging, blended with the newest state-of-the-art breast imaging techniques and modalities. Special attention will be given to Breast MRI, Digital Mammography and PACS, and Breast Ultrasound, as well as newly evolving technologies such as Molecular Breast Imaging, Tomosynthesis, Diffusion Weighted Imaging, Elastography and Whole Breast Ultrasound.
- Review the basic principles of screening mammography for detecting early breast cancer.
- Outline the current applications of breast Ultrasound in diagnostic, screening, and interventional settings for earlier detection and accurate diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Describe the major aspects of breast MR, including imaging techniques, image imterpretation, biopsy techniques, and current indications, as an evolving new weapon in the war on breast cancer.
- Discuss the current medical and legal concerns regarding the missed breast cancer, in an effort to improve early detection of breast cancer.
- Delineate current and future applications of Digital Mammography and PACS in streamlining breast imaging practice.
- Appreciate the role of Molecular Breast Imaging, Digital Breast Tomosynthesis, and Whole Breast Ultrasound in improving early detection of breast cancer in the future.
This course is intended for all radiologists with a special interest in Breast Imaging. The faculty is comprised of nationally recognized expert teachers of Breast Imaging with a broad breadth of experience and knowledge in this field.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc., designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
8.0 hours of Breast MRI
5.5 hours of Full-Field Digital Mammography
2.5 hours of Breast Ultrasound
1.0 hour of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis